Monday, April 28, 2008

almost home

I'm sitting here in my vegas hotel room, totally exhausted and trying to prepare myself for the insanity that's coming while trying to prepare for the show in july. my trip to vegas was to check out the ACRE show through wholesalecrafts.com, to see if it was something i would like to do for my company. while at the show, i spoke to many artist, young/old, new/well-established and the over all feeling i got was this craft thing is struggling. be it the economy, the retirement of the old guard, or the movement of 'indie craft' which seems a new voice in craft and price, the scene seems to be changing. this makes me even more insecure about trying to make craft as my living, especially as prices for everything is jumping through the roof, well as much of one as we all will be able to afford!

No comments: