Monday, August 11, 2008

my latest project

in addition to my art and hats and working almost full time slinging ice, i also do alteration. here is one that came in by Corey's co-workers wife. she needed this dress to be part of a wedding and it was too small. the parameters if the dress: must be yellow and must be formal. so here's what we started with....
somethings you can't see. the skirt is totally sheer, we could not even zip it up, it looks a lot better in this photo then the real dress (they always look better in a size 2 as opposed to a size 20, the size i was working with)
and here are the photos after i worked on it......

what i did... sewed in an underskirt so it was not sheer, cut the single shoulder strap off, sewed it to a strapless bodice, put thin straps with the organza sewed on it, removed the sequence and the hip ruffle thing, moved the zipper to the side seam and cut and placed a new nude colored back panel to acomodate the size difference. i think it looks better.

No comments: