Thursday, November 10, 2011

New work- home decor

I produce a large amount of felt scraps from my work and I had started bagging them and selling them in my rockymountainfibers etsy page. But I thought I should try and use some in my own work. The first pillow I made was the "rainbow in the breeze." I had had a rough day- one of those days when we artist feel like selling our equipment and getting a 'real' job. As I was laying on my couch celebrating my pity-party, I had this really strong urge to just go into my studio and make something just for me. Something totally new where it didn't matter if the buying public liked it or not, just creating something for the need to create something. And that pillow resulted. I'm am going to continue with the design rather and make curtains and a duvet cover. I think that would be pretty cool.

Sometime the feeling of disappear and a readiness to through the towel in feeling, is what we need occasionally to remind us why we do what we do. We need this to break though into new artist development.

Krista

No comments: