Tuesday, September 7, 2010

one cool step-momma






From time to time, I consider myself a pretty cool step-mom. I made these guitar shaped cookies for my oldest step-son's birthday earlier this month. I think they turned out pretty cool.


I bought the cookie cutter for these from the punkrockkitchen website, for those that might like to rock out their own kitchen sometime.
I didn't use the receipy in the cookbook which came with the cookie cutter, but some store bought pre-made sugar cookie dough, which I think added to the misshaped guitars after baking. But I was happy with the results in the end.

In addition to the cookies, I have been traveling a lot this summer to various shows, trade shows and a creative entrepreneurs conference in Seattle. While there, I decided to make some changes to my business and one of those changes is to this blog. I have decided to change it from just updates about my business more about my life as a crafty-creative-maker-artist-designer-seamstress-gardener-reader-adventurer and anything else I feel so inclined to write about. I hope this will help both stimulate me to want to write more and to get more readers to my blog.
Hope you like what is to come.

No comments: