Thursday, September 30, 2010

my Thursday mornings-week 13


This last week so great. We worked under the harvest moon which was still out (did I mention we start at 7am), hanging over the mountains, just before the sun was starting to come up. I so wish I had my camera that morning to post a photo.




The pottery you see this week is from Tasha Mckelvey. We met at the BMAC show in Aug. and did a little trade. I really love how precious her work is, but functional and durable. Her company is one that I really look up to as an emerging artist. Her work is carried nation wide in stores and galleries, she shows in great art/craft fairs and is willing to share some of her business experience and advise. Which, after doing shows for a few years now and talking to many artist, is not always the case. Some people are really hush hush about their business experience. 




The crop list for the week is: potatoes, tomatoes, more peppers (ahhh no more, I don't know what to do with them!) bell pepper, eggplant, collard greens with some kale (good for juicing), crazy colored carrots (purple, red, yellow oh and orange) more leeks,  onions, some thyme (which was left over from a previous harvest)





and the best treat, a pumpkin!

No comments: